Why Rebrand Your Business?
Things happen in business. Whether it’s good or bad, sometimes it may lead to you needing a new look to show that you have changed in one way or the other. Some rebrand projects are successful (FedEx), and some are done for the wrong reasons (Tropicana) and may need to cut their losses and revert back to what it was before.
Are you thinking of a rebrand? Before you take action, think about WHY you want to establish a new identity. We have made a list of a few reasons below:
#1 When a change in business leads to a new look
Over time companies change, it’s the natural way of business. Lots of places choose to redesign their brand to reflect this change, and depending on what has caused this, will determine how the redesign will be executed. Situations include:
- Business evolution: The service of product offering has changed, or the target market has shifted.
- Market evolution: The business needs to react/respond to demands by the consumer and a new brand is the best way to set expectations.
- Differentiation: The market may grow and new business start. The company may need to reinvent its look to stand out.
- New countries: A business may need to rebrand to fit in with a variety of cultures & markets.
- Bad press: Poor reputation, PR problems or negative reactions from key team members can all add up to a brand makeover to steer away from the negativity.
#2 Become relevant
A common reason for a business to consider rebranding is to stay current & modern. Down with the kids. You know the score. But in what scenarios is this applicable?
- Out of date: Trends are there for a reason. Things go out of fashion & start to look tired, leading to a facelift to bring them into the modern world.
- Inconsistent: Over a period of time, brand identities may start to vary. Your business cards might look one way, and your website another. A re-brand can help streamline & freshen all parts of your brand expression.
- Bad start: It could be that when you first designed your brand, it was rushed or not thought through properly, or didn’t match the rate of business growth.
Image sourced from https://envato.com
#3 Business Ownership Changes
#4 Legal Requirements
What types of rebrand are there?
Visual: It may be that the rebrand you require is just a simple logo design or typeface change. Giving an already strong and existing brand a freshen up can be enough to get the impact you need.
Rename & Visual: Sometimes rebrands need something more than just a new set of colours and may call for a new name. This may happen when a business introduces a new CEO, or the market evolves and outdates a name.
All of the above: When everything about the business (down to the core) changes, it’s important to dig past the aesthetics and really understand the vision, mission & values to ensure your end user knows what your brand is all about from the off.
Thinking about a refresh?
Design is our passion, it runs through our blood! Ask us for advice on your branding project.
It’s the time of year where Cyber Weekend is soon upon us. This is the period of time between Black Friday & Cyber Monday where businesses take a very large amount of orders, making this time of year possibly the biggest sale period of the year.
Keep your customers coming back for more... In business, familiarity is reassuring. Knowing what to expect (and, more importantly, getting it each time) is attractive. Familiarity is personal. It’s nice when they know your name, your favourite...
Are you full of useful industry related information, but don’t know what to do with it or how to share it? Sharing information can boost your business profile as well as giving you credibility as a professional. We love to share information and advice here at Nettl and want to help you give your customers an insight into your industry. Read on for ways to do this…
HOW TO FIND US
12 Comberton Hill
Worcestershire DY10 1QB
T. 01562 747411